Open Beta 5.2a – Additional Improvements
Thank you for your ongoing feedback and support!
Feedback from 5.2 has been positive so far and we have identified an additional area for optimization based on the community’s observations around late game performance. We have included this improvement, along with a few bug fixes, into this small update. So far our internal testing has shown improvement but we look forward to hearing what you think before we transition this build to the live branch!
As we look to the future of Age2 we wanted to provide a brief overview of what we have in store. Moving forward we will continue the Open Beta Program and give you, the community, an opportunity to provide feedback on a regular basis. We want to maintain focus on community issues and additional bug fixes. In patch 5.3 we will be tackling a variety of campaign issues, addressing bugs from previous expansions as well as custom campaigns. Currently we expect our future patches to focus on the following: patch 5.4 will focus on custom scenario bugs; patch 5.5 will look into ongoing AI improvements; and patch 5.6 will look at the multiplayer lobby issues. Based on your ongoing feedback we will continue to make adjustments as we monitor the forums.
Again, thank you for your support as we work together and keep moving forward!
- Additional network speed improvements
- In game ping/lag icons have been updated to appear in the correct situations (previously they were too sensitive resulting in the icon appearing earlier than anticipated)
- Villagers should no longer stop and attack wolves (ordering a move command will now take priority so users can move villagers if desired)
- Additional AI improvements when pathing around walls and gates
How to access the Beta Branch:
- In Steam, right click on Age of Empires II: HD (while the game is not running).
- Select Properties.
- Select the BETAS tab.
- From the drop down, select Open Beta – Patch 5.2
- Exit and restart Steam to ensure the update installs correctly.
- To go back to the Live Build, select None in the BETAS tab dropdown.
-From Skybox Labs
To join the discussion for the Open Beta 5.2a Additional Improvements with the developers, tap here to be transported to the thread!