Here we go again with another content update to Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. This is a smaller update, but introduces some big bug fixes and quality of life improvements to the game experience. Don’t worry; this isn’t the end of our updates—we’re still working away on the issues and features you all want to see—but it is an ideal place to build a granary, setup a barracks, and begin your journey through the ages. Welcome, friends, to Update 11!
We hope you enjoy everything we’ve included in this latest update! Feel free to post your initial thoughts below, or join in to the full discussion over on the official forum!
- Fixed an issue where Elo values would not display correctly in the multiplayer lobby.
- Fixed an exploit that allowed players to always display unit health bars and selection rectangles during matches.
- Fixed a rare issue where players could no longer age up after cancelling the upgrade.
- Fixed a rare crash caused by pausing multiplayer matches while in co-op mode.
- Implemented various UI fixes.
- Implemented several small bug fixes, as well as performance and stability improvements.
- The Global Queue is now enabled by default. This can be turned off via the Options menu.
- Matches with unlocked teams enabled can no longer be played as a ranked match.