Here we go again with another content update to Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. This is a smaller update, but introduces some big bug fixes and quality of life improvements to the game experience. Don’t worry; this isn’t the end of our updates—we’re still working away on the issues and features you all want to see—but it is an ideal place to build a granary, setup a barracks, and begin your journey through the ages. Welcome, friends, to Update 11!

Remember that you’ll need update your game in the Windows Store:

1. Open the Windows Store.
  2. Click the [ ∙ ∙ ∙ ] symbol next to your profile picture.
  3. Select Downloads and updates.
  4. Press the Get updates button to automatically detect, download, and install the latest changes to your game!
  5. Open the game. The title screen should read Build 23987.

That’s it; you’re ready to play!

We hope you enjoy everything we’ve included in this latest update! Feel free to post your initial thoughts below, or join in to the full discussion over on the official forum!

UPDATE 11

SPOTLIGHT

• Fixed an issue where Elo values would not display correctly in the multiplayer lobby.

GENERAL

• Fixed an exploit that allowed players to always display unit health bars and selection rectangles during matches.
  • Fixed a rare issue where players could no longer age up after cancelling the upgrade.
  • Fixed a rare crash caused by pausing multiplayer matches while in co-op mode.
  • Implemented various UI fixes.
  • Implemented several small bug fixes, as well as performance and stability improvements.

COMPETITIVE

• The Global Queue is now enabled by default. This can be turned off via the Options menu.
  • Matches with unlocked teams enabled can no longer be played as a ranked match.

• magnusmichael September 5, 2019

I have a problem with the newest update too. My Windows store doesn't see any for it. Also the AoEDE icon in store become gray.
    And my wish: Could You add last age option(choosing the final age)? I wish I could have a bronze age battle in single player :)

• cash86 August 26, 2019

I am having the same problem as Deckardcane. I am in Canada.

• tetris-man147 September 11, 2019

Me too eh! If only I knew this was coming out on steam....

• deckardcane August 22, 2019

My main menu version reads "27374".

I go to Windows Store, Click the 3 dots, "Get Updates", and it says "You're Good To Go" .

But I am not up to date.
    And I can't update :(

If it help diagnose - the game icon is in black in white at this update screen when all other icons for apps are colorized.

Please help...

• domdog123 August 31, 2019

Same here, and I can't find an answer anywhere. Wish I waited to buy this game on steam. The support is so awful

• zealot0995 August 9, 2019

Va genial con cada parche se pone mejor, pero hace falta un botón de agrupamiento como en el Rise of Rome o formaciones como el Age 2 algo que facilite el micromanejo de grandes grupos de unidades

• furiousforcey July 22, 2019

Please add a select all army units button, like StarCraft 2.

• theroot79 July 18, 2019

Please provide new update, the game constantly crashes on win10x64/update:1903 .

Faulting application name: AoEDE.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cf16e44
    Faulting module name: AoEDE.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5cf16e44
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000000000343ba0
    Faulting process id: 0x3a00
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d53d7d524cd2b0
    Faulting application path: C:Program FilesWindowsAppsMicrosoft.MSDallas_1.3.23987.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbweAoEDE.exe
    Faulting module path: C:Program FilesWindowsAppsMicrosoft.MSDallas_1.3.23987.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbweAoEDE.exe
    Report Id: 8a459b6d-dbe8-4acd-805b-c85d106a9c0c
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.MSDallas_1.3.23987.2_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    Faulting package-relative application ID: App

• davidsnoekdutch July 4, 2019

The music stops playing after 7 min. rebooting the game doenst work, is there a next update where this is fixed?

• davidsnoekdutch July 5, 2019

I reinstalld the game, for me the music works perfectly now.

• mrarek July 1, 2019

Please add peace treaty timer option as in AoE3. I´m tired of rushers who only know how to play 2 ages...

• wangxh5425 June 22, 2019