Hello knights of the Age of Empires: Definitive Edition! It’s been less than a day since the official release of the Definitive Edition on Steam, and the whole community has been awesome at working with us and highlighting the biggest issues impacting your experience. Today’s build contains a handful of fixes for some of the biggest and most glaring issues that cropped up with the release build over the past day. Give them a read and let us know if you continue to have issues!
In the meantime, keep taking notes of any issues you encounter; we’ll be visiting the Steam boards and official Age of Empires forum to see what crops up:
Remember that you can also join us on Discord to organize games, troubleshoot issues, and interact with the outstanding Age of Empires community!
Enjoy the update!
♦ ♦ ♦
- Fixed an issue where the game would halt due to anti-virus checks.
- Fixed several issues with duplicate region names and region-selection not behaving as expected.
USER INTERFACE (UI)
- Fixed a issue on the campaign completion screens which would cause the text to be overwritten by the statistics buttons.
- Fixed a crash caused when closing the post-game statistics screen if a spectator was present.
- Improved the behavior of the lobby browser when refreshing the list.
♦ ♦ ♦