Hello and happy Wednesday to all our Definitive Edition adventurers!
Update 28529 is aimed at fixing at some of the more recent pain points you’ve helped identify over the last few weeks: including issues with the multiplayer lobby and match setup, villager pathfinding, region selection, and a handful of other areas. Your feedback has been invaluable in helping us identify the issues preventing you from playing or enjoying the game, so be sure to grab the new build, check out the notes below, play with the changes, and—most importantly—let us know whether they’ve fixed the issues at hand. The best place to do so is on the official forum:
You are also encouraged to come visit us on Discord, where you can organize games, troubleshoot issues, engage with the development team, and interact with other Age of Empires players:
We look forward to hearing what you think of Update 28529, and we’ll see you on the battlefield!
—The Age of Empires Team
♦ ♦ ♦
- The game no longer auto-pauses when switching focus away from the game.
- Fixed a rare issue that resulted in an ‘Unable to setup storagePoint’ error when launching the game.
- Reduced the collision size of villagers to improve resource collection/pathfinding.
- Ranked games now require even teams before they can be started.
- The multiplayer region now correctly defaults to the detected region of the host.
- Fixed an issue where the last player to join a ranked lobby was incorrectly muted.
- Fixed a rare issue where pressing the ESC key would not exit out of the Tech Tree overlay.
♦ ♦ ♦