Hello and happy Wednesday to all our Definitive Edition adventurers!

Update 28529 is aimed at fixing at some of the more recent pain points you’ve helped identify over the last few weeks: including issues with the multiplayer lobby and match setup, villager pathfindingregion selection, and a handful of other areas. Your feedback has been invaluable in helping us identify the issues preventing you from playing or enjoying the game, so be sure to grab the new build, check out the notes below, play with the changes, and—most importantly—let us know whether they’ve fixed the issues at hand. The best place to do so is on the official forum:

DISCUSS: Age of Empires: Definitive Edition – Update 28529 Discussion

You are also encouraged to come visit us on Discord, where you can organize games, troubleshoot issues, engage with the development team, and interact with other Age of Empires players:

JOIN: The Age of Empires Official Discord

We look forward to hearing what you think of Update 28529, and we’ll see you on the battlefield!

—The Age of Empires Team

Update 28529

▪ MS STORE ▪

Remember that you’ll need update your game in the Microsoft Store:

1. Open the Microsoft Store.
  2. Click the [ ∙ ∙ ∙ ] symbol next to your profile picture.
  3. Select Downloads and updates.
  4. Press the Get updates button to automatically detect, download, and install the latest changes to your game!
  5. Open the game. The title screen should read Build 28529

That’s it; you’re ready to play!

▪ STEAM ▪

Remember that you’ll need update your game in Steam:

1. Open Steam
  2. Click on Library to see your games list.
  3. Click Downloads at the bottom of the Library window.
  4. [If the new build does not download automatically,] click the button to manually download the new update.
  5. Open the game. The title screen should read Build 28529

That’s it; you’re ready to play!

♦     ♦     ♦

GENERAL

• The game no longer auto-pauses when switching focus away from the game.
  • Fixed a rare issue that resulted in an ‘Unable to setup storagePoint’ error when launching the game.

GAMEPLAY

• Reduced the collision size of villagers to improve resource collection/pathfinding.
  • Ranked games now require even teams before they can be started.

BUG FIXES

• The multiplayer region now correctly defaults to the detected region of the host.
  • Fixed an issue where the last player to join a ranked lobby was incorrectly muted.
  • Fixed a rare issue where pressing the ESC key would not exit out of the Tech Tree overlay.

♦     ♦     ♦

• raspybuckle4392 November 11, 2019

Hey, im unable to accept game invite off my boyfriend via xbox(pc)
    Also my game has crashed on start up (loading screen) followed a step to add and remove from computer but now it won't even install off the Microsoft Store.. Says update or Pending :(

• tepsizemi November 2, 2019

Hello my problem have accident delete beta key email
    how to look my beta key ?

• spamkiller007 October 27, 2019

Where is the correct site to get proper support for the game?

• spamkiller007 October 27, 2019

Update: I have also opened several tickets with Microsoft Store and no response. Opened ticket the other night with Microsoft support and they were not helpful at all. How does one get proper support for this game anyway?????

• spamkiller007 October 27, 2019

OK, so I decided I would return to the game since I read all the great updates that have been made. Let's just say the game is TOTALLY broken for me. I launch and then the game closes within two seconds. I have uninstalledreinstalled over five times. I have updated my Gigabyte GA-AX370-Gaming 5, updated Geforce 1080 video, updated all AMD drivers, and just recently updated to Windows version 1903, hoping that this works. Even read an article saying that if you install Candy Crush it will work. This is a joke. Windows Store is a joke. Would be nice if I could just download the game and install directly. Windows Store says it's 17 GB and it is only letting me download 5 mbsec. WOw! Why do I have to redownload it over and over and over and over. Does anyone have a fix for this damn game? I would love to purchase AOE 2 Definitive Edition but not if this doesn't work after owning it since April of 2018.

• kingadjon October 21, 2019

Each new version comes with new bugs... In addition to Multiplayer and LAN being practically unusable. Now horse units run together packed so tightly that one shot from a level 1 catapult can kill 40 units. I feel like a debugger, this isn't fun anymore. Constant probems with the forced updates. Forget it. I'm tired of trying to contact support, getting no answers and being forced to update and the game being unplayable. YOU HAD ONE JOB.

• theeharpus October 21, 2019

I have posted on Steam and now I will say it again if anyone cares at all. The main problem needed to be fixed is the FPS, and I am not the only one who's been struggling this. Frames drop at anytime even on high-end PC build. I started to encountered this every since update 28218. And why does it have to be 60-fps-limited? And how about adding Low-Medium-High graphic options for the game? It hurts to see such a game with so much good old memory is being ruined like this. Not so much hope for AoE II DE anymore. sighhhh

• air1wolf October 15, 2019

Cant play game with others keep getting this message " MS-XBL " can any body help thanks

• kingadjon October 14, 2019

Update 28529 breaks the LAN game functionality. Does anyone at Microsoft care at all?

• drakus78 October 13, 2019

my game doesnt work now... i cant start the game :-(