Come dive into to another exciting release for Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition!
This is a small update, but we’ve got some nice bug and pathfinding fixes!
Be sure to dig down into the post below to get all of the juicy details before hopping in-game and checking them out firsthand.
Thanks again to our amazing community members, all of whom have helped to make Age of Empires what it is today!
—The Age of Empires Team
Please note that custom mods may not be compatible with the latest game update. If you are experiencing issues launching or playing the game after downloading the new build, try disabling your installed mods before trying again.
Still having trouble? Visit our support site!
Stability & Performance
- Fixed several issues that cause crashes or incorrect behaviours while loading save games.
- Fixed a crash which could occur when joining a game as spectator.
- Added a Missing prompt for Map Lighting option for some campaign scenarios.
- The reward unlock dialog for event mods now requires the player to click the Susbcribe button for the mod to get subscribed to and enabled. Not clicking the Subscribe button leaves an option to subscribe to the unlocked mod from the Event Manager or Event Mods collection.
- Fixed an issue where Capped Rams, Siege Rams, and Siege Elephants were doing higher than intended damage to town centers and gates.
- Generating gold by only selling/buying resources in the market as Saracens is no longer possible.
- Fixed an issue where the game was getting confused by which player was owning the tile when buildings or foundations from different players were occupying the same space.
- Fixed a legacy issue where herdable animals (sheep) tasked to garrison in a transport ship or a Gurjara Mill would become unconvertible while walking towards their destination.
- Players no longer receive notifications from attacks that should be notified to their allies while CaptureAge is running in background.
- Fixed an issue where armor-ignoring attacks would ignore building armor when they shouldn’t.
- “Wootz Steel” unique technology now affects Armored Elephants as intended.
- Players now start with correct starting resources and units in Empire Wars.
- Villagers shall no longer go idle when gathering resources near walls.
- Villagers no longer get stuck while gathering wood in certain circumstances.
- Fixed an issue where Villagers sometimes weren’t going back to work properly.
- Fixed an issue where Cavalry occasionally stops attacking enemy units.
- Fixed an issue where units in formations would try to garrison into a building even if they couldn’t.
- Fixed a rare issue where units were unable to pass through a wall that was previously destroyed.
- Fixed a rare issue where units clipped with a tree and crossed it.
- Replays can be downloaded properly from websites such as ageofempires.com and aoe2.net.
- Fixed an issue where Change Object Attack wasn’t working properly in some cases.
As always, we are continuing to track issues reported by the community for future updates. Here is a brief update from our Production team regarding some of what is still in the works.
Known issue that prevent players from subscribing to Mods
The Production team is aware about that issue and trying to fix it, but in the meantime, please find a workaround below:
- Create an account in Windows which username do not have special or non-roman characters.
- Switch to that new Windows account, not the usual one.
- Log in Steam or in the Microsoft Store with your usual account that owns the game and launch the game.
- Subscribe to the Mods you want to add to your profile.
- Retart the game with your usual Microsoft account.
For other known issues, please visit this page to see what’s being tracked!
What's on the Horizon
Please note that this list is subject to change and should not be considered a comprehensive list of all the known issues we’re tracking. The above is to inform you of the team’s current priorities, which will change as other issues arise or take precedence.
For the latest updates and announcements, please visit our social channels.
Today’s hotfix fixes a bug to Regicide game mode, where the player was unable to Garrison their King in buildings. This bug has been fixed and Kings can now garrison in buildings again as expected.