This month, we’re throwing down the gauntlet: it’s time to put the Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition AI to the test! It’s time to prove that your biological facilities cannot be matched by a computer’s hard-coded imitations. Your challenge—should you choose to accept it—is to confront and defeat ever-escalating difficulties of our AI during the COMP-STOMP-EXTRAVAGANZA event!

Vanquishing the enemy AI by any means necessarily will unlock several new rewards for you to enjoy:

• Arrows? Why not LASER BEAMS?!
  • Three new, AI-themed Profile Icons!
  • New Research Complete FX for Buildings!

New Rewards!

Starting TODAY through MARCH 9, complete in-game tasks within the time limit to unlock exclusive goodies! The first challenge unlocks a new profile icon and is required to save all of your unlocks:

DAY ~ 🎯 Sign into Xbox Live.
🏆 Unlocks the AI Brain profile icon.
💾 *Required* if you want to save any rewards unlocked during the event!

Each of the following challenges must be unlocked in order and on separate days:

DAY 1 🔒 Win a Skirmish game against an Easy AI.
🧱 [Mod] Replaces Research Complete FX for buildings with Binary Code.
DAY 2 🔒 Win a Skirmish game against a Standard AI.
🏆 Unlocks the Cuman Cyborg profile icon.
DAY 3 🔒 Win a Skirmish game against a Moderate AI
🧱 [Mod] Replaces Arrows with Laser Beams!
DAY 4 🔒 Win a Skirmish game against a Hard AI.
🏆 Unlocks the William Wallace Playing his own campaign profile icon.
DAY 5 🔒 Win a Skirmish game against an Extreme AI
🧱 [Mod] The standard AI Now Recognizes Accomplishments in skirmish matches.

Keep It All (Forever)!

Remember: if you sign in to Xbox Live during the event, you’ll get to keep all of the mods and profile icons you’ve achieved! Sign in, earn your rewards, and enjoy dominating the AI with your biological skills and decisions!

We hope you enjoy this month’s Comp-Stomp-Extravaganza event!

—The Age of Empires Team

♦     ♦     ♦

1920×1080 1920×1200 2056×1440

• trippa88 February 25, 2021
    Easiest way to win on extreme is playing a map the ai doesn't understand or team islands in a 3v3. I was Byzantines (Purple) with Franks (Blue) and Italians (Red) for allies against 2 Turks (Yellow, Orange) and 1 Saracen (Grey) as enemies. I built the city of Constantinople with lots of walls and Castles while TC booming, expanding trade and funding the ai's resource requests. Then I built an army and a Wonder. The ai enemies were so overwhelmed by my fed allies that they never even managed to attack my walled city. If they had I would have taunted/flared my allies to protect me while counter attacking with my massive fully upgraded Cataphract led army.
  • pacificwheel208 February 23, 2021
    Really unfortunate all the time wasted on these hideous graphics considering how ugly the ingame unit icons are. Get your priorities straight.
  • advanceorange28 February 22, 2021
    does this have to be played with the preset settings or can we tweak them to our liking like change the map and treaty times etc thanks
  • iwarson February 22, 2021
    I did best The extreme AI today with a wonder but it didnt approved? Do i have to beat them with armies?
  • bealzy85 February 20, 2021
    G'day guys, So i've beaten the Extreme AI 3-4 times now, and the only reward i received was the Easy AI acheivement (no idea how that works, i only play extreme). I restarted the game and beat Extreme again and still nothing, any idea how i can get the rewards to come through?
    • bealzy85 February 21, 2021
      @sizedmage546164 thanks mate! :)
    • sizedmage546164 February 21, 2021
      You can only get one reward each day and it has to be in the order they have set. If you beat the extreme AI or the moderate AI the next day you'll only get the reward for beating moderate, the next day hard, and so on.
  • evo-ostdarva February 19, 2021
    Thank you guys for the awesome update! Looking forward to more like these in the future! I love the little ways we can spice up the cosmetics here and there without infringing on the gameplay mechanics!
  • pedroysb February 18, 2021
    My AOE just crashed during a game that I was winning. I don't care about these rewards or themes. In fact, they are too invasive and the weird sounds or graphic stuffs just keep appearing on my game without I asking for. Please, fix the memory crash issues, and stop waisting time with useless nobody-care extravaganzas.
  • dimplyjester31 February 18, 2021
    This event appears yesterday while I was playing. But, now the event disappears. My internet connection is stable but I don't know why. I need help!
  • zenzzyzx February 17, 2021
    Great event theme and fun rewards! Thanks AoE team!
  • darkkaelion February 17, 2021
    nice events. but when will you hear from Aoe4? will there be events on Aoe4?