Hail, explorers! WELCOME to a truly monumental week for Age of Empires and, in particular, Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition! That’s because today, we’re releasing a new contender to join the fight for DE supremacy: the UNITED STATES!
On top of all the changes, features, and improvements coming with today’s build, the United States introduces a brand-new play style, a wide variety of strategic options and tactical tools for you to learn and master, and new armies to conquer the battlefield. With numerous unique units, unique buildings, unique cards, and a unique way to advance from Age to Age, the U.S. brings a ton of new functionality the game. Even better: if you don’t want to purchase and play with the civilization right away, you can unlock it for FREE by completing a set of challenges while exploring the history of all 50 states in the union!
Aside from the new civ, here’s a quick look at some of the other great changes coming your way in today’s build:
- Lots and lots of crash fixes and stability improvements!
- NEW unit categories to improve the readability of tooltips and application of effects
- Removed the kill xp bonus from all construction wagons, and increased the health of more valuable wagons
- Fixed an issue that prevented Home Cities and cards from being accessible during a story campaign
- Units trained for free will now wait for the population space to spawn rather than being lost if unable to do so
- Major updates to the number and availability of Outlaw units and Mercenaries
- Balance tweaks to 13 civilizations, including the Aztec, Chinese, French, and Swedes
- Updates to the Finland, Hungary, and United States Revolutions
- …and more!
With so many changes to the game, we won’t be surprised if you have a lot to talk about as you share your experience. As always, we want to hear how all these things change the game (both literally and figuratively). And as always, the best place to do that is over on our official channels:
Thank you for sharing in yet another major milestone for Age of Empires with us! We hope you enjoy the new civ and all the changes and look forward to sharing in all the adventures yet to come!
—The Age of Empires Team
♦ ♦ ♦
♦ ♦ ♦
Please note that custom mods may not be compatible with the latest game update. If you are experiencing issues launching or playing the game after downloading the new build, try disabling your installed mods before trying again.
Still having trouble? Visit our support site!