When we launched Age of Empires: Definitive Edition last year, we described it as a love letter to the gamers who’ve made this legendary RTS franchise what it is today. Well, it’s our one-year launch anniversary on Feb. 20, so we decided another love letter is in order with a major update to the game!
Age of Empires: Definitive Edition Update 8 is currently in the works! It will be released soon, and will include some of the community’s most-requested features, including automatic farm reseeding, mixed unit queues, dead unit decay, and more! The full patch notes are below!
Without further ado, here are the patch notes that you can expect for Age DE Update 8:
- Automatic Farm Reseed – New Option in the Granary
- Mixed unit Queues – Players can now train different units at the same time from buildings
- Mixed tech Queues – Players can now queue units and techs at the same time from buildings
- Added resolution options to full screen mode
- Fallen units now decay over time
- Units navigate better when going through narrow paths
- Improved intercept targeting behavior
- Ship acceleration removed to improve tasked response times
- Builders no longer fail to build wall pieces under certain circumstances
- AI should no longer get stuck in the Stone Age under certain circumstances
- AI can now hunt Elephants
- AI Scouts are less prone to killing themselves to hazards
- AI units pick their targets better
- General AI build orders/strategies have been updated to be more efficient
- Fixed various crashes at game end
- Destroyed buildings disappear much faster
That’s it for now! Remember to follow us on social media at /ageofempires for all the latest updates!