Today we announced the release date and opened pre-orders for Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition on the Microsoft Store and Steam! Featuring four brand-new civilizations, three new campaigns, cross-network play, and a transport ship full of game improvements, Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition will be available to play on November 14, 2019 on both platforms, as well as Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta).

As of today, the definitive first chapter of the Age of Empires franchise is also available on Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) and for purchase on the Windows Store and Steam. Age of Empires: Definitive Edition now supports cross-network play across all available platforms, which means you can now play with anyone, anywhere!

Read more over at Xbox Wire.

• felipesz September 5, 2019

Bring all AOE to Game Pass Please and URGENT guys hehe

• teslajs August 25, 2019

Is Age of Empires going to be available on xbox one in a near future?

• fastergrain9195 August 22, 2019

I wish we (pre-orderers) can get closed beta invitations. I was AoE:DE beta tester on Microsoft Store, and I just saw beta threads (because I was so busy at work) and I think I am late to the party which makes me sad.

• redcoat16133 August 22, 2019

I love all Ages very much.It's players' young!!!!!Great for it

• lordclarkson90 August 22, 2019

Do those of us lucky enough to be in the AoE2: DE Closed Beta get the full version free on release pretty please?

• muaddib16 August 20, 2019

Are we getting any new video or game info or a view of the new tech trees in Games Com 2019 or is this pretty much all the info we get from Games Com about AOE2:DE?

• kikealex88 August 20, 2019

I have Aoe DE from Microsoft store, but now the icon appears gray and I got a message in the game which says I need to update for free in Microsoft store for new cross play and future updates. I looked in Microsoft store but I didn't find the way to update the game there. I tried with downloads and update in store but Aoe DE didn't get a new update. Could you help me with this? I will appreciate it.

• kgbcrazy August 21, 2019

you need upgrade your windows to version 1903 ( go to windows upgrade )

• gm-evangelos August 20, 2019

Absolutely! You can follow the steps in this forum post to upgrade to the new client, which supports cross-network play with our Steam friends and future updates to the game:

• kennyrts August 19, 2019

Will boycott Steam as long as I live ;)

• eramirez1983 August 19, 2019

I already buyed Age of Empires: Definitive Edition from the Microsoft store, but is it possible to add Age of Empires: Definitive Edition to your Steam library?

• eramirez1983 August 19, 2019

oh well, nevermind! I bought AGE OF EMPIRES DEFINITIVE EDITION BUNDLE on STEAM!... ¬¬

• somehome333 August 19, 2019

Aj ja sa pripájam.Mám AoE:DE zo storu.Ako ju bezplatne nainšalijem do Steamu?Dík za odpoved,s pozdravom.

• f18-a1r-xf4rc August 19, 2019