Today we announced the release date and opened pre-orders for Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition on the Microsoft Store and Steam! Featuring four brand-new civilizations, three new campaigns, cross-network play, and a transport ship full of game and quality of life improvements, Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition will be available to play on November 14, 2019 on both platforms, as well as Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta).

As of today, the definitive first chapter of the Age of Empires franchise is also available on Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) and for purchase on the Windows Store and Steam. Age of Empires: Definitive Edition now supports cross-network play across all available platforms—meaning you can now play with anyone, anytime, anywhere!

Read more over at Xbox Wire.

• eeriestleech520 March 27, 2020

Need to make available for the XBOX ONE...!!!!????

• zerodeath178 November 29, 2019

I can't find it on the xbox store please help

• xmini-topx November 17, 2019

Really wish age of empires 2 was on xbox one. You would think the "worlds most powerful console" would be able to handle a 20 year old game. It really is disappointing to hear all these cool announcements but know i will never be able to play them.

• player361938122 October 1, 2019

Oh and please make these games demand less specs and run smoothly on old PCs

• player361938122 October 1, 2019

Oh and I live in Pakistan when we buy games they are cracked and we cannot access the multiplayer because it is cracked what should we do I mean we payed for it ~_~

• ifi23 October 10, 2019

You didn't pay the developer, you payed a hacker presumably because you either can't afford, or you don't think the game is worth the real price. I don't know what you expect exactly. You can't really file a complaint for a stolen game.

• player361938122 October 1, 2019

Bro the only thing AOE needs is new ages new units and also add new campaigns "So Please". ~_~

• felipesz September 5, 2019

Bring all AOE to Game Pass Please and URGENT guys hehe

• teslajs August 25, 2019

Is Age of Empires going to be available on xbox one in a near future?

• fastergrain9195 August 22, 2019

I wish we (pre-orderers) can get closed beta invitations. I was AoE:DE beta tester on Microsoft Store, and I just saw beta threads (because I was so busy at work) and I think I am late to the party which makes me sad.

• redcoat16133 August 22, 2019

I love all Ages very much.It's players' young!!!!!Great for it