Greetings Age Community,
I am back this week with a bit of a different story to share with you all. While talking to my colleagues at Age I realized that I have yet to introduce the woman who helps me with the fancy technology where my narrations are posted. How rude of me. I think I will allow her to introduce herself. I will be back in a flip of a page. Until next week,
Hi Age community!
It is great to finally say hello to you all. My name is Grace (she/her), I am the Historical Content Writer at World’s Edge, and I am the woman behind the screen who helps Sage get all their stories online. Over the last few months, I have gotten to know this amazing community, so I figured it was time for you to learn a little bit more about me.
In The Age Community
As the team’s Historical Content Writer, my goal is to introduce and guide you through the world of history represented throughout our games. That may sound a bit overwhelming (or even a little boring… don’t worry, I thought that once too!) but I will be right by your side to navigate the complexities and intricacies of finding the most authentic, accurate, and exciting information. Throughout my undergraduate career, I fell in love with discovering the stories of people who are often overlooked or forgotten about in history books and made a promise to myself that one day I would bring those fascinating tales to light.
Age of Empires holds a special place in my heart as it was the very first videogame I ever played. When I was about 7 years old, I begged my older cousins to let me play with them because it looked like SO much fun. The day they finally let me play I fell in love with every aspect of it. I was hooked. As I got older, video games were not in my list of interests and I lost touch with the gaming community, but when the opportunity to work for the Age of Empires team presented itself, I did not think twice about joining the team. The gaming world has changed a lot since I was 7 (haha) and I am still adapting and learning, but I am so excited to be a part of such an incredible team and franchise.
My passion for history and the love I have for Age of Empires and our community has continued to grow during my time here. I hope as time moves forward, we can learn and grow together as a community and as historians.
Outside of the Age Community
- I am Costa Rican and identify as a proud Latina. Pura Vida!
- I received my Bachelor’s in History with an emphasis on Medieval Studies.
- I have a dog named Angel. He is a 4 y/o pitbull who is also known as “Stinky” in our household.
- During the summer I spend my time paddle boarding, and during the winter I try to snowboard (haven’t gotten the hang of that one quite yet haha).
- As someone who has recently been diagnosed with hearing loss, I have become quite passionate about accessible gaming and am educating myself about how to make gaming for everyone.
- I am working on writing and publishing a fiction book.
- My hair color changes VERY often. Right now it is half black and half white.
Age friends, thank you for taking some time to get to know more about me, and I can’t wait for what our future holds!
WOLOLO and farewell for now,