We’re getting ready to release a small patch for Age of Empires IV next week that includes a few high profile fixes. We thought you may enjoy a preview, so read on to learn more!
NOTE: Upon updating to this patch, you will no longer be able to utilize replays from previous updates. At times, saves will also be impacted, though we’ve taken additional steps to ensure your campaign saves are not impacted by this particular update. Skirmish saves from the previous patch are impacted and will no longer be accessible after you update.
- Additional tuning done to balance Springalds, based on player feedback that the unit was too effective.
Developer Note: We’ve refocused the Springald unit to be strong vs exclusively siege units and not a generalist that is effective against most units.
- Details include:
- Springald cost increased from 200 Gold/200 Wood to 250 Gold/250 Wood
- Springald bonus damage vs. Siege engines increased from 20 to 90
- Springald base damage reduced from 60 to 30
- Springald move speed decreased from 4 to 3.75
- Details include:
- Fixes for various exploits that saw deleted buildings return too many additional resources. This fix applies to several combinations of buildings and technologies you’ve reported, including:
- Deleting a building with the Court Architects tech no longer returns additional resources.
- Combining the French Keep Influence and unit generation will no longer result in a refund of additional resources. Similar fixes have been put into place for the Chinese and Rus civilizations.
- Deleting or having Rus Hunting Cabin buildings destroyed will no longer result in increased Gold generation.
- Deleting an intersection of Stone Wall no longer returns additional stone. (This was an inclusion in our previous update, but the team has rocked the investigation to ensure that we’re on a clean slate.)
- Abbasid Dynasty technologies can no longer be researched at multiple buildings to apply a stacking effect. This previously impacted technologies within the House of Wisdom, including Phalanx, Composite Bow, and Camel Speed.
- Fix for an exploit with the Chinese Traders and Neutral & Allied Markets.
- Minor stability fixes for crashes encountered on specific DirectX versions.
You can find Known Issues HERE at any time. We are aware of a few additional community-reported issues that we are investigating for a fix in a future update:
- Currently, UI Narration is available in English-only. When updating from previous versions of the game using a non-English language, you may find Narrator UI enabled due to previous settings. To disable this, please switch your language temporarily to English to disable the option from settings.
- Mongol civilization players can produce additional Gold by storing a relic within a Prayer Tent and then repeatedly packing and unpacking the building.
- Prelates do not always auto-inspire units when moving between groups.
- Lodya Attack Ships (Rus civilization) currently receive additional health if built after researching the Armored Hull upgrade.
Please note that this list is subject to change and should not be considered a comprehensive list of all the known issues we’re tracking. The above is to inform you of the team’s current priorities, which will change as other issues arise or take precedence.
For the latest updates and announcements, please visit our social channels.