Thank you all for being here for the first days of Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition! As is the case with any game release, issues will inevitably arise as the live community begins running through the campaign or flocking to the multiplayer servers at the same time. We are working hard to track, investigate, implement, and report solutions as they arise, and we very much appreciate your patience as we work to ensure that everyone can enjoy the game!
Coming your way soon, build 32911 comes with fixes for some of the most prevalent multiplayer issues, crashes, and other problems preventing players from landing in the game. We don’t expect these to solve every problem for every user, but hope that they serve as steps towards a more stable game.
If you continue to experience these (or other) issues, please let us know by visiting the discussion threads on the official forum; in the meantime, we will continue to listen, gather information, and provide support when and wherever we can.
As we’ve said before: thank you for your patience, and for being a part of this journey!
—The Age of Empires Team
♦ ♦ ♦
◆ FIXES ◆
- The matchmaking lobby should now display your connection quality and available game lobbies more quickly and consistently as of build 32911. When you first reach the Multiplayer Lobby Browser, you may notice the Connection Quality tool searching for servers where you can find matches. Please allow up to 40 seconds for this search to complete.
- Fixed an issue where the Enhanced Graphics (UHD) option would appear grayed out despite having installed and enabled the DLC.
- Fixed an issue where clicking the Spectate Games tab would result in de-syncing or locking up the game client.
◆ IN PROGRESS ◆
- Fixed an issue where certain file paths could result in a File Error 12 crash that would prevent the game from launching. Ongoing discussion about this issue can be found here.
- Fixed a rare issue where completing a ranked match could erroneously display a negative ELO. Note that actual ELO score should not have been impacted.
- We are continuing our work to update and stabilize the multiplayer servers. Several servers have been spun up to support the population, and we are continuing to investigate issues where servers are not appearing (or appearing incorrectly) in the Lobby Browser.
◆ KNOWN ISSUES ◆
- For ongoing issues currently being tracked by the team, visit our Known Issues support page.
♦ ♦ ♦