We’re thrilled to announce that a much-anticipated patch for the Age of Empires II HD ranked play Elo system is live right now in our open beta branch on Steam!
Our engineering teams have been working closely with our partners at Steam on an issue that affected players’ ability to record the results of ranked matches, and this new patch brings the resolution to that issue. We hope to push this patch to general release as soon as possible, but we need a bunch of games played in order to make sure everything works… and that’s where you come in!
Here’s how you can join the open beta right now and help us test this patch:
- From your Library screen in Steam, right-click on “Age of Empires II: HD Edition” and select “Properties”.
- Click on the “Betas” tab.
- Click the drop-down arrow and select “Open Beta.”
- Wait for updates to finish and launch the game.
- Play a LOT of ranked games, and report any bugs to our official report thread: Report bugs here!
The more games you play, the more data we get to make sure everything’s stable and working great! Thanks to everyone in the community for their patience and participation as we continue to work on bringing you the best Age of Empires II experience we can!
Known issue: Please note that, as with most betas, those on the beta branch won’t be able to play with people on the general release branch. Accepting an invitation to a game on a different branch can cause a crash. If you want to play with someone on the general release branch, simply follow the steps above, and in step 3 select “none–opt out of all betas.”