With all the announcements from the Age Fan Preview Event, there couldn’t be a better time to celebrate the Age of Empires series!

In 1997, the very first Age of Empires was released—the beginning of us all coming together to form the fantastic, passionate community we are today! In celebration of this momentous moment, we’ve packaged up some classic community favorites throughout the series and brought them straight to you in Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition! As a bonus, we’ve even brought back a few other fan-favorite goodies from previous events!

Join us as we reminisce over the incredible moments and experiences YOU, the community, have created in this special CELEBRATING THE AGES event!

• Unlock another brand-new Cheat code!
  • Unlock the classicPhoton Man” cheat code!
  • Unlock the Musketeer visual replacement for the Hand Cannon!

New Rewards!

Starting TODAY through MAY 24, complete the in-game tasks within the time limit to unlock exclusive rewards! In addition to the normal daily rewards, we’ve added two additional bonus challenges to this event!

BONUS 🔒 Unlock the “21st Century” achievement in Age of Empires: Definitive Edition. Xbox Live Sign in required to verify achievement.
🧱 [Mod] Unlocks the “Photon Man” cheat code, which spawns the Photon Man cheat unit.
BONUS 🔒 Unlock the “Imperial Age” achievement in Age of Empires 3: Definitive Edition. Xbox Live Sign in required to verify achievement.
🧱 [Mod] Unlocks the Musketeer visual replacement for the Hand Cannon.

Don’t forget, the first challenge unlocks a new profile icon and is required to save all of your unlocks:

DAY ~ 🎯 Sign into Xbox Live.
🏆 Unlocks the George Crushington Profile Icon.
💾 *Required* if you want to save any rewards unlocked during the event!

Each of the following challenges must be unlocked in order and on separate days:

DAY 1 🔒 Gather 1997 Gold in any one game.
🧱 [Mod] Unlocks the Military unit creation sound replaced with Age of Empires: Definitive Edition version.
DAY 2 🔒 Use the “catzor” cheat code in a skirmish game to summon the Sharkatzor cheat unit.
🏆 Unlocks the Sharkatzor profile icon.
DAY 3 🔒 Train 10 Camel Riders in any one game.
🧱 [Mod] Unlocks the “cameleon” cheat code, which transforms all Camel units into Flaming Camels.
DAY 4 🔒 Kill 5 enemy villagers in any one game.
🏆 Unlocks the John the Fearless profile icon.
DAY 5 🔒 Reach the Imperial Age in any one game.
🧱 [Mod] Unlocks the Age Advancement sound replaced with the “Shipment available” sound from Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition.

Keep It All (Forever)!

Remember: if you sign in to Xbox Live during the event, you’ll get to keep all of the mods and profile icons you’ve achieved! Sign in, earn your rewards, and enjoy!

We hope you enjoy this the Celebrating the Ages event!

—The Age of Empires Team

♦     ♦     ♦

1920×1080 1920×1200 2560×1440

• ssgfaber May 16, 2021
    please fix this I have created the 10 camel riders with every civ capable of producing them and still did not get credit for completion.
  • likertuban-2 May 15, 2021
    for camel rider event I do this and got the task finished : 1. create a deathmatch with this setting your civ : saracen starting age : castle age sudden death mode (important) : true/checked map : black forest (optional) reveal map : all visible (important) treaty length : 10 minutes (important) game speed : fast (recommended/optional) turbo mode : on (recommended/optional) 2. start the game 3. build 10 house with 1 villager 4. build stable with 1 villager 5. build castle with as much as villager you had 6. train villager from town center until the castle is build, once build stop/cancel villager training, don't bother with resource gathering 7. create 10-15 petard from castle and bring to enemy town center 8. if petard training is finished train exactly 10 camel rider from stable (don't train any camel before petard is finished, and don't try to train any other unit, not even a villager when you train camel or when the training is finished) 9. wait until treaty length is finished 10 command petard to destroy the town center 11. IMPORTANT leave map immediately and don't return to map
  • hiyokosupiritto99 May 11, 2021
    For those that want to get the camel riders achievement, well I have an answer. Make a smush (sarracen monk rush) and use that against your enemy and before defeating the enemy, create 10 camel riders, and don't make other units. Well I made it because I was playing with the easiest difficulty but with that I won
  • miketiger82 May 7, 2021
    I am unable to get the acheivement for the camel riders as well.
    • hiyokosupiritto99 May 9, 2021
      I even tried with Turks in a 1v1 and used castle age camels and nothing happened, I don't know what's going on u.u
    • voidbeans May 8, 2021
      Also tried once and it didn't trigger, but I upgraded the camel riders. Next time I tried I didn't upgrade and it was awarded with no issues.
    • still-not-cherryfive May 8, 2021
      I trained exactly 10 camel riders (not heavy camel riders) and got it to work for me
    • sealingant19223 May 8, 2021
      I made camel and bombard canon only
    • sealingant19223 May 8, 2021
      Try with Turks, start at imperial age with a lot of ressources. It works for me.
  • pufferfish2608 May 6, 2021
    Do you have to gather exactly 1997 gold
    • hiyokosupiritto99 May 6, 2021
      No, you need at least 1997 gold
  • ban-horvatos May 5, 2021
    I train 10 camel riders, kill 5 vills and go to imp but still i dont get the rewards in skirmish game. Only the catzor cheat works.
    • gatodestripador May 7, 2021
      Have you tried clicking "Leave Map" immediately after the game is over?
    • vishalrock8702 May 6, 2021
      Same here, I made hundreds of them and tried heavy camel rider and imperial camel rider. Still no luck
    • hiyokosupiritto99 May 6, 2021
      I have the same problem too u.u
    • brumous May 6, 2021
      Same here with camel riders. I made 100 of them just in case it was a typo with number, but challenge remain unmarked.
  • rafa-sheep May 4, 2021
    When is AoE1:DE getting any love for these events? The Photon Man cheat unit in there still uses the 1997 sprites, just like all other cheat units in that game.
  • zenzzyzx May 4, 2021
    Thanks for the event! The wallpaper above is super cool!
  • zenzzyzx May 4, 2021
    I'm pretty sure you do have to own AoE1:DE and complete the achievement to unlock the Photon Man reward for AoE2:DE. When you unlock it, the cheat is actually an official dev mod you can enable or disable as desired in AoE2:DE.
  • pizzarugi May 4, 2021
    How do you unlock Photon Man in AoE2? Do you need to own AoE1?
    • pizzarugi May 4, 2021
      If you do need to own AoE1:DE, is there a way to get around this? A google search suggested a mod back in 2020, but I'd rather not have to tie myself down to a permanent mod just to use it.
  • vulcandrifter May 4, 2021