Good day, everyone! This week’s minor update comes with a handful of stability, bug, and crash fixes to improve your game experience, as well as a few quality of life updates to enhance some of the game’s basic mechanics. There are plenty more fixes in the works for another update later this month, so if you don’t see a fix for an issue you’re encountering, be sure to visit our known issues page for insight into what’s on the way. You can also visit one of our official channels to share your experience with the community:
As always, there’s more to come! For now: enjoy the update, and we’ll see you on the battlefield!
—The Age of Empires Team
♦ ♦ ♦
♦ ♦ ♦
- Boars once again require two shots to lure with military units: one to make it angry and a second to make it personal.
- Villagers are still able to lure boars with a single shot.
- If a player disconnects from a match before its conclusion, an autosave will now be automatically generated for that player.
- If the last player on one of the last two teams disconnects (or crashes) out of a match before its conclusion, the remaining players will now have the option to save and exit the map without revealing the battlefield or endgame statistics screen.
- Fixed an issue where military kill and loss counts were only tallying trebuchet deaths and units lost to conversion. This also addresses issues in the following areas:
- Kill requirements can now be completed during the Atilla 1, Ivaylo 1, and the ‘Rushing the Enemy’ (Art of War) mission.
- Animals killed by military units and garrisoned structures will no longer provide food for collection (as intended).
- Fixed a crash caused by the over-enthusiastic use of taunts in the lobby or in-game chat.
- Fixed a crash caused when a lobby owner backed out of the match during the loading screen.
- Fixed an issue where save game files would fail to display in the game.
- Fixed an issue where the playback speed of recorded games could vary between two spectators.
- Fixed an issue where, upon re-loading a multiplayer match, the scoreboard would display the host as victorious.
- Fixed an uncommon issue where one player would be listed as all of the players in a multiplayer match.
- Fixed a legacy issue where boars would always pursue the match owner when attacked by two players at the same time.
- Fixed a legacy issue where Monk conversion times would vary based on the performance of the player’s computer. This addresses an issue where conversions would sometimes complete faster than intended.
- Fixed a rare issue where Mangonels would sometimes fail to deal their full damage.
- Fixed an issue where the Mayans could, in certain circumstances, produce a Villager at the start of the game despite being pop-capped.
- Fixed an issue where units on patrol or attack-move would fail to prioritize enemy units when attacking a structure.
- Improved the ability for Fishing Ships to seek out new fish nodes after depleting their previous node.
- The ability to block the movement of enemy units is now more reliable and consistent across all unit types.
- Had a conversation about personal space with villagers who would get uncomfortably close while gathering resources and constructing buildings.
- Fixed a rare issue where, in very specific circumstances, villagers could trap themselves while gathering resources.
- Fixed an infamous bug where melee units would stutter when pursuing other units.
As always, we are continuing to track and work on fixes for issues as they are reported by the community. This month, our focus is on the stability of the game:
- Regular disconnects within the first few minutes of a multiplayer match. We are currently working with players to collect information about this particular disconnect. You can join the discussion here.
For other known issues, please visit this page to see some of the fixes coming in the future!