Looking to learn more about what’s on the way with Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition? Look no further!
Forgotten Empires’ Community Manager, Matthew Turk, gives us a look at the E3 2019 demo with an overview of the most exciting features and details coming your way. Check it out!
Here’s a synopsis of the features covered in the video:
- Dynamic Zoom Controls
- Stunning 4K graphics true to the look and feel of Age of Empires II
- Fully Remastered Soundtrack
- Simultaneous Research and Unit Build Queues
- Global Queue at the Top of the Screen
- Ability to Auto-Reset Fish Traps
- Built-in Mods: Small Trees, Grid Mode, etc.
- Additional Mod Support
- Includes all DLC for HD
- 4 New Civilizations (for a total of 35 Civs)
- 3 Brand-new Campaigns
- Over 200 hours of Campaign Gameplay
- Integrated Leaderboard and Ladder
- Balance Updates based on Player Feedback
- Matchmaking Features
- Scalable User Interface
- Advanced Tutorials
- Crossplay between Steam and the Microsoft Store
Additionally, players who already own Age of Empires II: HD will receive a 25% discount when upgrading to Age of Empires: DE (which will be available for $20 USD at launch). The Steam Summer Sale is happening now through July 9, making it the perfect time to pick up the HD edition and hone your skills before the release of the Definitive Edition later this year!
- Pick up Age of Empires II: HD during the Steam Summer Sale ($5 USD)
- Add Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition to your Steam wishlist for news and updates!
Join the Beta!
If you’re interested in stepping up to play a first-hand role in the development of the game, you can also sign up to join the beta now! As long as your computer meets our minimum specifications, you will receive an invite to the beta.
See you on the battlefield!
— The Age of Empires Community Team